Outdoor Service Continues
There will be two canopy tents, each located on the east and west side of the parking lot close to the building. Chairs will be set up so that people can practice social distancing.
As always you can stay in your vehicle if you so desire.
My Moms 99th birthday
How are you holding up at this time? Although I may not know the dynamics and challenges of your life, please remember that the Lord knows and both of us are praying for you.
Had she lived, my mother would be 99 years old this Sunday, September 6th. And although she has been gone for more than 12 years, my mom’s (Marian) words and actions of the past continue to have an influence my life.
I think the most significant way mom affected me for good was by thinking of others more and oneself less. Case in point, if mom saw someone with a physical need, she made sure that I reached out and helped them. If someone was stuck in a snow bank, mom would offer my help. If a lady was walking into a store, mom made sure I held the door open for her. If mom knew a friend or family member was having a hard time financially, she made sure to bring them groceries or a Christmas present.
I don’t know exactly what caused mom to become so selfless. Perhaps it was because she grew up during the depression and understood what it meant to have it hard. Or perhaps it was because she found so much joy in making others happy. But I’m sure mom gave because she knew what that Lord had done for her.
Just what has the Lord done for us? Here’s some scriptures that give us a sample:
1. Jesus became poor so that in Him I can become spiritually rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9)
2. Jesus suffered hunger so that I might be forever satisfied. (Matthew 4:2, Revelation 7:16)
3. Jesus was lonely so that I may never be alone. (John 6:66,67, Matthew 28:20)
4. Jesus suffered great grief so that I may have joy abundantly. (Matthew 26:38, John 15:11)
5. Jesus was tempted so that He would understand and help me overcome temptations. (Hebrews 2:18)
6. Jesus was forsaken so that I could be part of His forever family (Matthew 26:56, Revelation 7:9)
7. Jesus was crucified so that I might live forever. (John 3:16)
8. Jesus became a servant to man so that I could become a child of God. (Philippians 2:7, I John 3:1)
9. Jesus was snubbed by men that I might have fellowship with God and His people. (John 1:11, 1 John 1:3)
10. Jesus endured the cross so that I could overcome sin and receive a crown of victory. (Hebrews 12:2, Revelation 2:10)
During this time of the coronavirus while some of us are isolated, some of us are without work, and some of us are struggling financially, let’s remember what Jesus has done for us and let’s be willing to do whatever we can to help and encourage others out.